Day two back at work just ended on a sour note. Both Alan and I came down with the stomach virus going around the family on the same afternoon and both had to go home early. Because I just really think we needed MORE vomit. Thanks to both sets of grandparents, Margot is safely sleeping out of the house and Oliver and I got a ride home.

In other news, Oliver is working hard in school and Margot is taking swimming lessons. I keep looking at my baby girl and seeing these lanky legs and long thin body. Where did baby go? Oliver’s teachers love him, especially since he’s the only boy in class and they’ve been incredibly diligent to watch for seizures (he’s had a few but we’re waiting to see if they go away once he’s used to the environment) and help with feeding experimentation. 2014-07-08_0001After weeks and months of trying bottle after bottle, we finally found “the” bottle on our last try. It is such a relief to know that he’ll take a bottle every time it’s offered (he even accepts it from me!) and he’s getting plenty to eat every day. Mommy was about to quit her job over worry that he wouldn’t eat. Not really but almost. And considering my ophthalmologist just told me in no certain terms that if I want a shot at my eyes healing from thyroid-induced pressure, I’d better stop nursing now, the timing is more than perfect. Good thing I have this.

In case you have a struggling little one, here’s our perfect combo:

This week, we’ve seen Ollie reach out and touch mommy’s face with open hands repeatedly, hit dangling toys, gum on teething toys when offered to his mouth, hold onto thin items and purposefully let them go, and tonight he actually rolled himself from side to tummy all by himself! It’s amazing how miraculous every little thing is now.

We’ll keep you posted as this new phase becomes more normal. And keep praying that I can continue to make it on time to work. Two days in a row is pretty awesome if you ask me!



Back to Top67,111,110,116,97,99,116,32,77,101eM tcatnoCShare on FacebookTweet this PostEmail to a Friend
  • Jaclyn PruehsJuly 9, 2014 - 12:09 pm

    Oh I’m just so thrilled his daycare is going well and Margot loves swimming. Aaaaaand it is NOT cool that you two got sick as well. Ugh!!! Feel better soon sis! ReplyCancel

  • Niki KnowltonJuly 9, 2014 - 1:04 pm

    So glad to hear Oliver is doing so well! You’re continually in my prayers. Feel better… no one with kids needs more vomit…ReplyCancel

  • Jennifer Ann CobleJuly 9, 2014 - 3:18 pm

    So thankful for the update…you are in my constant prayers❤️ReplyCancel

  • JennJuly 9, 2014 - 4:36 pm

    Not sure how you’re doing it all, super mama, know that you’re thought of and admired! Hope you’re routine becomes somewhat normal for you all really soon.ReplyCancel

    • AlysaJuly 10, 2014 - 9:55 pm

      Jenn, you only “do it all” when life forces you to do it. Then, like in childbirth, there is no way out but through. Thanks for the prayers!ReplyCancel

  • Joni Whitacre DarmodyJuly 10, 2014 - 2:29 pm

    Margot’s sleepover was fun. We made a big tent over the couch. She was so excited I was afraid she wouldn’t go to sleep. But she did great. Glad we could help while you guys were sick.ReplyCancel

    • AlysaJuly 10, 2014 - 9:56 pm

      Oh, I bet she LOVED a tent bed! Heck, I would love a tent bed. Come make one at my house!ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared.

S u b s c r i b e   a n d   M o r e